Friday, January 25, 2008

The Morning After

Now we are starting day one of Linda's recovery. They did the operation yesterday morning in about 2 hrs. That all went well and they brought her back to the room with instructions to lay flat on her back for 6 hrs. 3 hrs into the flat back thing they wanted to do another CT scan to see if any internal bleeding was going on, so they loaded Linda into a gurney and took her down to the CT room. Everything looked fine and they wheeled her back to the room. But the trip down and back riding looking up at the ceiling spinning back and forth caused a little hurling. But that passed and the rest of the day went well. When they set her up in our room the hooked her up to a monitor to record body functions. About one in the morning I awoke to see Linda standing by the bed looking all shook up. I asked what was going on and she said she couldn't answer that thing. Well a lead had come off the monitor and it was beeping. I said that's not a telephone, and she kept saying she couldn't answer it. I thought, man is she loosing it, did they stir her brain up somehow. But once I figured out what she was trying to tell me I understood. She was trying to turn off the beeping so as not to wake me and couldn't figure out how to. So the nurse came in and said she didn't need the monitor any more and took it away. After that nothing more happened.

This morning she looks just fine. No other person is inside her head and she answers to her own name. So now we are on the road to recovery.

john and linda in china

No comments: