Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning here and not much to report. Linda is feeling very good, no headaches or any soreness after the operation. When I call her name she answers so she knows who she is. After something like what she just did, having someone stir around in her brain, you can't be to careful. I am watching for any change to her condition good or bad. Here is what I see. Linda used to get up in the morning and be somewhat OK until about 10 AM when she would take her first sinamet. Than it was downhill after that. After about 45 min she would start to get pulling and stiffness and would feel blah. The rest of the day would be the same. Her on time would be maybe an hour and than off again.

Now as I watch her I am looking for her off time. If she has any I don't see it. She looks to me to be about the same all day. She seems to have more (diskinasia) ? in her left leg and her face than before. This morning we asked her doctor about that and the doctor says she sees that all the time. There is more dopamine now than she needs so they are going to start cutting back on her sinamet. I have spent more time with Linda in the last 3 weeks than ever before and I ask questions to make sure her mind is OK, but when she gives me flaky answers, I have to remember she was always like that. So I guess she's OK.

This morning her doctor came in and asked how she was, checked her dressings, and gave her a quick look over. She seemed to be satisfied. Than a little later her surgeon came in to check her. He also asked a few questions and he also was satisfied. Just before we came here we read an article about going to China for stem cell operations. The author of the article wanted to put his point across that it was a waste of money and no good could come from it. They used Penny Thomas as an example of some one who was deluded. Well before coming to China Randy and I went to Colorado to visit Penny first hand and were impressed with her condition. We also talked with a great number of others who had been here. The author of the article never checked on anyone and we did, so we knew he was full of it. The doctors here are top notch and believe in what they are doing. There were 6 doctors and 4 nurses in the operating room working on Linda she had great confidence in them. I also feel they are top notch. So what ever the outcome of this is, we don't feel duped. Now we just have to let time and the little bugger stem cells do their job.

john and linda in China

No comments: