Thursday, February 7, 2008

Support Group

Yesterday was kind of a special day for Linda and me. Randy brought his laptop to the support group meeting and we were able to talk to the group and they could see Linda on the web cam. With all the cheer and good will we were feeling warm for the rest of the day. Linda is doing about the same today, no set backs and no great improvement. But one thing, Linda was allowed to wash her hair yesterday and that made her very happy.

This is the Chinese new year and last night all night long was one continues roar from the fireworks. The fire crackers they sell here are quarter sticks of dynamite and when they go off they leave a hole in the ground. When I was a kid we had cherry bombs and M80's, but this is real explosives. And in the alleys, it's little kids blowing them off. This morning I looked for kids running around with stumps but they all looked fine.

Linda is still hooked to the mystery iv's and as soon she is free we take off for a long walk. The street vendors still try to get us but I found a way to get around them. When they say 100 I say I really want it but would they take 1. So I try to get for 1 and they give me a disgusted look and run away.

More Later

john and linda

No comments: