Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Linda's Blood Work

January 8th, 2008
Hi Lorna, well its ten minutes to 3 and I am awake. Linda’s doc said the same thing about the trip, that’s why they are going to do the same tests in couple of days. When the docs here ask questions its almost like an invasion of privacy, they keep asking the same question different ways till they get the answer they are looking for. Yesterday two doctors of traditional Chinese Medicine came to the room and Linda sees them this morning at 8:30. They seem to butt heads with the medical docs here but have as much say. Due to the time change Linda is not sleeping, or me, at the right times. So the med guys were going to give her a light med to sleep. The TCM docs said no, they put some studs in Linda’s ear and told her when it was time to sleep to press on them. Linda just said they were seeds of some sort, and damm if it didn’t work. When she got up to go to the bathroom she got back in bed and squeezed the thing a nd back to sleep. She wants to know what they were and how they ever found about them in the first place. We met Kotan last night for the first time. She is a Jew and said she got this job by chance. Right now because of the holidays there are only us and another couple from Greece here. She says by next week it will be full again. It will be by the end of the week before Linda gets any kind of stem cell treatment. Kotan says the doctors who do that are very conservative and just don’t jump into it. That is why all the tests and IV’s this week. She is up on every thing. She saw that article I sent you and said nowhere in that article it says it don’t work. It tells about how hard it is to get the money, and different things, but nothing about the treatment itself. She said she would welcome more investigation from the west. Than we talked about different patients I had contacted and how they were doing. We are in the South wing, the north wing is full of Chinese patients. And right now they are full. There is a kitchen where the Chinese patients cook their own food and Kotan says if we want, go there and cook ourselves. When I went to Wal Mart yesterday I was looking for some of the frozen stir frys, but Jessie was in a hurry and was worried because Carol would go in one direction and I in the other and she was reasonable for us and so on. So she showed me a counter of chicken heads and snakes and worms and big cockroach’s and said get these. Not quite what I had in mind. I have to go back on my own. I should see my new bicycle today and than can get around. Linda just poked her ear and went back to sleep, more to come Barry told me how Katie got mad at the dogs and gave them hell for not listening. I see the same thing at Kuk Soo Won. Don’t get on her bad side. I had to turn off my cell phone, it works over here and I was getting all kind of calls from people that didn’t know I was gone and it’s 2.29 a minute.
Dad

No comments: